Heaven 4 RP Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Most Wonderful Time of the Year? open

2 posters

Page 20 of 30 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 25 ... 30  Next

Go down

The Most Wonderful Time of the Year? open - Page 20 Empty Re: The Most Wonderful Time of the Year? open

Post  Blip Fri May 26, 2017 2:22 am

"He does like keeping details to himself. The lack of context for someone like me is what usually bothers me, but my dad said it takes time to not be overwhelmed by what we do know. That aside, the game is called Shogi?"
Blip
Blip

Back to top Go down

The Most Wonderful Time of the Year? open - Page 20 Empty Re: The Most Wonderful Time of the Year? open

Post  !Fox! Fri May 26, 2017 2:28 am

"... After awhile you learn to keep things to yourself... Hurts less that way when people use it against you for their own gain like they did with mom..." I said quietly, a dark tone to my voice. "The reason I was quiet with you is because you knew me, I didn't have to speak, you just knew. You hold the mantle of Father better than my old man ever has... And I don't tell because you don't ask. If you asked, I would tell either if you anything." I continued warmly, trying to forget the sudden flash of hurt I had felt at the memories.

"Back to the topic at hand, yes, it's called Shogi. Basically it's similar in nature to chess...
!Fox!
!Fox!

Back to top Go down

Post  Blip Sat May 27, 2017 3:08 am

I decided to leave the sudden snap of unpleasant emotion for later, instead deciding to let him enjoy this. We could always talk later, this was something more like a special rare treat that he tresured deeply. I focused instead what he wanted to focus on at the moment. "Like chess? I'm crap at that game, but it's pretty satisfying to watch people who know what they're doing."
Blip
Blip

Back to top Go down

Post  !Fox! Sat May 27, 2017 3:53 am

"I'm not at the his level yet, but i can hold my own for some time now... been practicing for years..." I said quietly, a Firm confident tone to my voice. Shifting so i was comfortably leaning forward, pausing for a moment, i spoke up after something crossed my mind "So uh... Heads up, i get kinda... focused when I'm playing this game. If it gets to be to much of an emotional output, or you need something, let me know. May take a few tries though..." I laughed nervously, rubbing my neck as i looked away, not seeing The old man smile slyly.
!Fox!
!Fox!

Back to top Go down

Post  Blip Sun May 28, 2017 3:27 am

"No need to worry; like I said earlier, these games are interesting to watch, it's like watching sports," I said, waiving away his concern, looking over at the seeming amusement from the old man with puzzlement.
Blip
Blip

Back to top Go down

Post  !Fox! Sun May 28, 2017 4:01 pm

"So, lets make this interesting. You usually stay for at least a meal... Loser cooks?" The old man had spoken, a mischievous smile on his face
!Fox!
!Fox!

Back to top Go down

Post  Blip Tue May 30, 2017 2:20 pm

Oh the old man clearly wasn't planning to lose. Not that he was a bad cook or anything but the way it was said made it seem more high stakes than I had anticipated.
Blip
Blip

Back to top Go down

Post  !Fox! Tue May 30, 2017 2:28 pm

As soon as he had made the first move, I immediately focused on the board intently. After a few moments of my eyes flicking across the board, I moved a piece. After a moment of watching the old man's expression, I grunted, releasing my finger from the piece, signaling it was his turn. A strange calm settled over me, my emotions settling into a few pulses here and there.
!Fox!
!Fox!

Back to top Go down

Post  Blip Thu Jun 01, 2017 11:10 am

(I keep thinking I submit messages before logging out...)

They played with a poker face. It reminded me of what my dad once told me, that peeps with our powers took full advantage that they could just rely on emotional feedback when playing games like these. Yes that was cheating. But he wasn't denying that I happened. I mused on that before turning my attention to the current game.
Blip
Blip

Back to top Go down

Post  !Fox! Thu Jun 01, 2017 11:08 pm

"So. Tell me more about yourself dear. He isnt much for conversations when playing... I personally cant stand them..." The old man said with a warm smile, handing out cups of tea as it was now ready. "Im not sure if i said anything, but my name is Seiji Ozawa..."
!Fox!
!Fox!

Back to top Go down

Post  Blip Fri Jun 02, 2017 3:07 am

I took the cup, muttering a soft thanks, before introducing myself again. "Oh, well, I'm Allyssa, in case I forgot (sure did) to mention it, I guess I don't really care much for conversation either, that's probably why I like sports. That and minds tend to not wander when focused on those types of activities, which makes for a less anxious empath."
Blip
Blip

Back to top Go down

Post  !Fox! Fri Jun 02, 2017 3:57 am

"Hmmm. Meditation seems like a skill that he should teach you one of these days, it may help your anxiety... What kind of sport's are you interested in, if I may ask? I am not to experienced there, but the children rather enjoy the games themselves..." He said, having gestured at me about the meditation, before tending to his own cup with a bemused look as I managed to take a drink without looking away from the board.
!Fox!
!Fox!

Back to top Go down

Post  Blip Tue Jun 06, 2017 2:59 am

"Soccer mostly, but I'll dabble in whatever sport is in season . Or I did, I've been focusing as of late on sport related events at school, as well as helping out in organizing sport matches and events for kids in my side of town. Meditation is... something most wouldn't take seriously there, but you've gotta admit, our minds have to focus on something good to keep it from drifting to bad things, as long as it works," I said, stifling a giggle at just how intent he was at the current game.
Blip
Blip

Back to top Go down

Post  !Fox! Tue Jun 06, 2017 4:44 am

"Perhaps that's why he seems to be so drawn to you? You do seem to represent good things. At least to him." The old man asked aloud, eyeing me for a reaction. Seeing none as he placed his peice, and sat back, He continued. "Be that as it may, Perhaps meditation is the answer for some of your problems. I'm sure you've noticed how at times, he can get a little too emotional, and after noticing this, he can calm himself down fairly well? Thats what he does. For you, it could just be a way to relax. Just an idea for another time." He chuckled, watching her reaction to my intensity. "He usually isnt THIS focused. He may be trying to impress you." He teased, causing a slight tinge of red to color my cheeks as i processed what had been said up to that point.

"Teasing aside, how are you enjoying the sights and sounds of the area?" Seiji asked curiously, turning more to face her out of respect for the conversation.
!Fox!
!Fox!

Back to top Go down

Post  Blip Wed Jun 07, 2017 4:09 am

I nodded as he continued to speak, though I nearly failed to stop myself from giggling when I found out he was playing up his intensity and that yes, he was listening to the conversation, though I did blush lightly at the tease as well, even though it want directed to me.

"It's pleasant. For some reason I hadn't thought of a place like this could still be present in the area, but it is pleasant."
Blip
Blip

Back to top Go down

Post  !Fox! Wed Jun 07, 2017 4:31 am

"I would agree. The energy and emotion here are very calm and pleasant are they not?" he smiled. Sighing for a moment, I nodded, mumbling something along the lines of assent and agreement. Leaning back, I grew quiet, staring intently at the board. After a few minutes of delay, accompanied by a low grunt of approval, I moved my price, taking one of his
!Fox!
!Fox!

Back to top Go down

Post  Blip Wed Jun 07, 2017 5:36 pm

I merely smiled in response, sipping my tea and returning my attention to a certain someone who appeared to be heavily invested in the game.
Blip
Blip

Back to top Go down

Post  !Fox! Wed Jun 07, 2017 5:43 pm

After many moves and quiet sounds, I leaned back with a triumphant grin, having finally bested him after all the years of practice. "I win. Only took me a decade..." I laughed, laying back as I popped my back
!Fox!
!Fox!

Back to top Go down

Post  Blip Thu Jun 08, 2017 3:00 am

"A decade!? No wonder you were so invested..."
Blip
Blip

Back to top Go down

Post  !Fox! Thu Jun 08, 2017 3:38 am

"Not at all. Practice and luck were what made me win." I said honestly, doing my best to keep my feelings of pride and excitement level as to not overwhelm her from the changes. I relaxed as i sat back up, grasping the last bit of tea in my cup and taking a sip with a warm smile.
!Fox!
!Fox!

Back to top Go down

Post  Blip Mon Jun 12, 2017 4:38 pm

Luck my ass, this almost felt like a life or death match, I thought to myself, as he practically bubbled with pride, though I said, smiling, "reagrdless, that was a satisfying win for you," as he began to wind down a bit after his achievement in his match.
Blip
Blip

Back to top Go down

Post  !Fox! Mon Jun 12, 2017 4:50 pm

"Well, of course it was. Hee doesn't have to cook. And traditionally speaking, it shows he has matured and surpassed his mentor. It's a rather big step in our culture. We'll, at least it was..." The old monk laughed, watching the tension roll off my shoulders while I laughed myself.
!Fox!
!Fox!

Back to top Go down

Post  Blip Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:27 am

"Pffft, right, I forgot for a sec there, the bet was cooking duty," I chuckled, before I processed the final part of his statement. "It's not important anymore?"
Blip
Blip

Back to top Go down

Post  !Fox! Tue Jun 13, 2017 4:12 am

"People these days are always on the move, to much to do. They dont take time to relax and enjoy the things they do." I stated sagely, the Monk raising an eyebrow to go with his growing smile "Is that supposed to be me?"
!Fox!
!Fox!

Back to top Go down

Post  Blip Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:01 am

"...Well I guess actually kicking back a day wouldn't hurt...." I mumbled mostly to myself.
Blip
Blip

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 30 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 25 ... 30  Next