Heaven 4 RP Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

First meeting

2 posters

Page 15 of 26 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 20 ... 26  Next

Go down

First meeting - Page 15 Empty Re: First meeting

Post  Blip Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:11 am

After having my fill and cleaning up Matzi, who, in his boredom, had begun gnawing on a spoon, drooling, decided to ask him a few questions about historians, since he at least knew of Rayan historians that had been serving in their roles, unlike me, who had apparently either been plucked from that life, or even stranger, was maybe an artificial rayan?

-Matzi, do you feel like talking a little bit about what you know about Rayan people?-

He seemed to think about it, before nodding enthusiastically. I scooped him up and stood from my chair. "I'm going to spend some time with Matzi, do you want to hang out, or...?" I asked him, my question trailing off.
Blip
Blip

Back to top Go down

Post  !Fox! Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:18 am

"Go on. I'll follow when I finish eating. I'll work on the translator with you two there..." I said simply, taking another bite of my large plate of food. I watched her pick him up with the gentle smile that seemed to be reserved for them, and chuckled. "You pull off the mom well in that move. You hold him just like I've seen moms do with kids that age." I said warmly, standing up to kiss her cheek and mess with his hair before they could run away. "Go on, have your fun. You know where I'll be." I said quietly, taking my seat again.
!Fox!
!Fox!

Back to top Go down

Post  Blip Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:36 am

I blushed at his kiss and comment. "Might as well get some practice in for the mom thing, don't you think?" I teased, giving him a wink before leaving.
Blip
Blip

Back to top Go down

Post  !Fox! Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:58 pm

"I watched until she left my room, not noticing how Kaylee slid smoothly into her seat with a devious grin. "Soooo. How you dooooin?" She asked, taking a bite of her apple. I shrugged, deciding silence was the best policy at the moment.
!Fox!
!Fox!

Back to top Go down

Post  Blip Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:26 pm

-So. You know I'm a historian... right?- I began, as I walked back to Matzi's room. He nodded. -And you don't live with a colony? Or started one yet? that's weird,- he piped up. I laughed. -Yeah, I don't know what's up with that. I seemed to have grown up outside Rayan society too long, so I don't know much about myself or Rayans.-

-Hmmmm....- He seemed to think about that. -But historians can remember almost everything, or at least give older memories to special children so they can use them.-

-What do you mean?- I asked, stepping into his room, and setting him on his bed, which he immediately flopped over on. I couldn't help but crack a smile. -They give their old memories to some kids they pick. I don't really know how, but they do. The kids stay with them for like a year, unless a new historian is born. Then she stays with the old historians until she's old enough to pick special kids and form a colony of her own. But Master and some of his friends were trying to figure out if they could continue Rayan society without historians, because a long time ago, they lost a lot of special people and historians, so they didn't want to rely on historians to continue being Rayans.-

Well that explains the inhuman experiments. Those heartless bastards, resorting immediately to unethical means... I thought, briefly fuming. Matzi giggled, snapping my attention from my annoyance. -The historians were kind, but every time Master or his friends talked about making special people themselves, they made the same angry face~-
Blip
Blip

Back to top Go down

Post  !Fox! Tue Jun 20, 2017 4:02 pm

I sighed, walking in the door with a large box of parts, having wolfed down my food in order to escape the pair that had been harassing me in the mess hall. I noted the expression on her face, and listened to him speak, my brain slowly piecing together the meaning despite the lack of technology to translate for me.

A slightly agitated sigh arose from me due to my lack of ability to understand them fluently, as I set the box down on the table in the corner of the room and debated on if I should attempt to talk,  but felt I should wait. I sat down, with my back to them, and quietly began to work on the translator unit for him, a mock up of one of the engineering wrist computers, made for a child, in the middle of the pile I dumped on the table.

Pausing for a minute to scribble some things down, I set the paper down for her to read.

Ask him if he knows anything about echos, or why it's taking so long for you to remember things. Or if... Half blooded Rayan's have existed in the past that he knows of. I'm curious on that last one.

Having done that, I immediately turned back to my work.
!Fox!
!Fox!

Back to top Go down

Post  Blip Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:47 pm

-Echoes? No, not really. A lot of things involving historians was often kept between them if they didn't have an active use for the rest of the colony. Um... maybe you don't remember much yet because you weren't raised in the historian circle, so it's harder for you without the help? -

The last one garnered a puzzled expression. -Yeah, they bring people from outside the colony from other places. So mixes are common... Master said that if the lost ones survived, there may be mixes that aren't registered as Rayans and not recollected by historians, so anything they knew isn't garenteed to be preserved for future use.-

"He said half Rayans are a pretty common occurance, it's just whether or not they were born in a Rayan colony or not," I translated, leaving out the rest since it wasn't all too useful.
Blip
Blip

Back to top Go down

Post  !Fox! Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:26 pm

"Well, it's possible they made their way to earth and did their best to blend in..." I said frowning slightly as I set down what I was working on. "-Is there any way to know if someone has Rayan blood in them?-" I asked after a moment of focus to pick out the words ."-And were the mixes assigned classes, for example, if I were a mix, would I be assigned a roll in a colony?" I asked, careful to not overload him with questions, turning the chair around, holding a tablet in front of me to help me translate easier.

Pausing for a moment to switch into English I looked to Mint." Could it be possible that I may have a bit of Rayan blood? That may be why the machine didn't out right kill me with random genetic mutations if that's the case. And if I weren't a registered Rayan, it could explain why the AI on the planet seemed to track my movements as heavily as it seemed to me." I asked, waiting for Matzi to respond.
!Fox!
!Fox!

Back to top Go down

Post  Blip Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:48 pm

-They have to be traced back to their historian to identify the Rayan type. The closer they are to the historian, the higher their rank. I'm completely foreign, so I'm considered low class. You might be a low middle class if you can't trace your line to your historian but know that you're rayan.-

I relayed the information back to him.
Blip
Blip

Back to top Go down

Post  !Fox! Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:13 pm

"Mint. Perhaps we were BOTH supposed to be there, like it was planned. It's possible that this rabbit hole is quite deep. Something MUST have happened to those historians. Couldn't it be possible that they hid on earth for some reason, and began to blend in? I'm sure that they would have fallen for a human or two along the way. If what my father insinuated was true, my family genes were partially required to activate the machine. It could possibly be linked to the missing Rayan's, say, doing what these people did to him, but in a humane way... I mean, think about it. It had to have been partially planned. " I stated, furrow in my brow.

"-Matzi? What if the historian was that person's parent? What if that Historian hid themselves, or was a member of those who were lost long ago?-" I asked, my slight crazy theory bouncing around in my head.

!Fox!
!Fox!

Back to top Go down

Post  Blip Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:35 am

"...If I recall correctly, the machine was designed to enhance people, but if dismantled a certain way, it would kill those it had been used on. But if a base requirement was that in order for it to work you needed some Rayan blood to function...we're they... testing it on us?"

-Hm... a child of a historian is almost readily identifiable, if that were the case, even meent would have been able to identify you... but if two seperate specials had a child with an outsider, then those mixes married, it could be harder to detect by anyone, especially the farther from their historian you get, I think, unless you knew your family line...-

"...Well. Maybe you're right. Either they knew that to some extent of the Rayan part. But I remember them having an employer, so maybe our captors specifically didn't have all the details. Oh I hope this is just speculation and not an actual conspiracy..."
Blip
Blip

Back to top Go down

Post  !Fox! Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:48 am

They went missing for a reason. They must have known something, something that was dangerous enough to not join back up with the other Rayans. They wouldn't have just left you there if that was the case, if the Rayans knew about you they would have taken you in. " I stated simply in English, a slight look of Mild exhaustion. " - Also Matzi, I'm sorry for all the questions... It's just a bit important to me, and Mint as well, that we find out all we can. Rayans  seem to be very secretive and don't like to share information with the other races. So we are left in the dark. What you have told us so far has helped greatly... Ill make up for this boring stuff later- " I smiled,

I paused for a moment and furrowed my brow again, glad that I was picking the language easier now, despite still needing the tablet for certain words. "-So it's possible that I could say, be the grandchild of a Historian, or someone that would be notable enough to require my blood be used as an activation key, from what I'm understanding, and what little I've seen of Rayan technology and what my father has told me. Not direct descendant, like parents, but grand parents or great grand parents, right? I don't think you answered my other question either... What would the status of someone be if they were related to the lost historians, say, their grandchildren? Would it be the same as a colony?-" I asked, struggling with a few word pronunciations.
!Fox!
!Fox!

Back to top Go down

Post  Blip Wed Jun 21, 2017 3:36 am

"Or maybe they escaped and couldn't return to a Rayan colony without having to deal with those who had abducted them in the first place? Unfortunately all we have is speculation right now..." I said, running my hands through my hair.

-Rayans tend to build things for themselves, it's possible that the fact that there is some Rayan in you kept you alive. But I guess because they were having trouble with getting Rayans to do things that could hurt them they decided to just use low class citizens more recently. I don't remember master using large machines, those seemed to be a lot of trouble to make without relying on more advanced societies for that information, and a lot of big machines meant to replace historians were destroyed. Um... like I said, depending on how closely related you are to your historian, that is what determines your status. It doesn't matter whether it's a historian who lived forever in an established colony or not. If meent were your mother you would be considered high class, even though she has grown up outside established Rayan society. But since you look like your sister, color wise, you're probably more related to outsider than rayan.- he said, finally yawning. -If you two return to a colony and are registered, you might not see her again because of rank difference.-
Blip
Blip

Back to top Go down

Post  !Fox! Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:09 pm

Confused at his words. "-I only have a few more questions. I promise. One, who do you mean I won't see again, my sister, or Mint? Two, what would happen if a couple joined a colony, versus a married couple? Three, does this device on my wrist look familiar at all to you, like something that previous Master of yours would use?-" I asked as I removed the thick, heavy casing from my wrist that had been covering the entire device that was bound to my wrist.

" - Four... Is a bit weird... But, how would you feel if I adopted you, as to prevent anyone from separation us? And Five, What would happen if me and her were separated, but her safety or health could be compromised by that? Would she have any say in over turning that decision?-“ I asked, slightly terrified by the prospect that we could be separated permanently.
!Fox!
!Fox!

Back to top Go down

Post  Blip Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:16 pm

-Sorry, I meant meent. I didn't think you'd be sad at not seeing your sister again. Um... I don't know if the couple thing matters, since I didn't really know people of different rankings.- Matzi peered at the strange device, before taking his arm to see it at different angles.-I can't say I've seen that thing before, not really, but I know that a long time ago they might have used stuff like that. But a lot of stuff was destroyed some time back, so in the end, I'm not sure.- Matzi let go, looking up at him, then looking down at his fists. -I guess since I'm not a registered Rayan that wouldn't be hard. It be nice to not be separated though. But I'm not sure how they would respond to anything, not really. They could let you stay together, or they might seperate you.-
Blip
Blip

Back to top Go down

Post  !Fox! Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:52 pm

"-They can try...-" I said ominously, before sighing and tousling his hair with a small smile "-Sorry for all the boring serious stuff. Once we get to the next shipyard, I'll take you out and we will do whatever you want to do as a thank you for putting up with it. Lord knows I need to get outside more... -" I said, a combination of a chuckle and a sigh escaping me.

"-One last thing. This is a translator. It's like that big one I made on the planet, but more compact. - " I said, handing him the little wrist computer and a wireless ear bud.." - It'll also tell you were either of us are if you need to find us, if you push this button. -" I said with a finger pushing the button, brining the screen to life, a red arrow pointing in Mints direction, a blue in mine. "-to turn that off, push it again. - "
!Fox!
!Fox!

Back to top Go down

Post  Blip Wed Jun 21, 2017 3:18 pm

-it's okay. It's not as scary as I thought it would be,- he said, fidgeting with his shirt and smiling shyly. He took the new translator, pressing the buttons are a few times, then holding it outward and moving it side to side to watch the arrows move. -this is neat,- he said in awe. I laughed. -I guess for now, we can probably play a game or something. Anything fun for the moment. How about...-

I ended up deciding something easy to teach him and easy to be able to mentally go over what I now knew, go fish. He picked it up pretty quickly, and seemed focused enough to not pick up that the more I learned, the more hesitant I felt about everything.
Blip
Blip

Back to top Go down

Post  !Fox! Wed Jun 21, 2017 3:37 pm

I watched them play, making my way onto the bed, and behind him. I sighed, and gradually began rubbing my neck, visibly unsure and slightly uncomfortable,  unsure of what to do here. I felt like pulling him into my lap and playing with his hair, but that felt like it was to soon for me to attempt, so I settled for just sitting nearby and observing
!Fox!
!Fox!

Back to top Go down

Post  Blip Wed Jun 21, 2017 4:34 pm

I glanced over to him, sitting awkwardly a ways from us. "If you want, I can deal you a set so you can join?"
Blip
Blip

Back to top Go down

Post  !Fox! Thu Jun 22, 2017 1:05 am

"I'm fine... I'm not a card game guy... Just unsure of what else to do... I don't wanna go outside because my sister and idiot dad are stalking the hallways looking for me..." I said with a slight shudder.

"Matzi's translator didn't take the time I thought it would..." I sighed, leaning against the wall. "And I'm just awkward when it comes to card games..." I said, looking off to the side with a red face.
!Fox!
!Fox!

Back to top Go down

Post  Blip Thu Jun 22, 2017 1:26 am

"...May I know how card games brought out the tomato face?" I asked, raising a brow.
Blip
Blip

Back to top Go down

Post  !Fox! Thu Jun 22, 2017 1:36 am

"Three words involving a crazy night. One is Forced,  Two is a nickname for a famous place in Las Vegas. The third is poker." I said simply, a glance in Matzi's direction once I had reached the second word. "The fact that I have to admit something I stuck at is embarrassing for me. That and I suck at card games." I said with a sigh.

"Due to said events I can no longer play card games without freaking out a little.. . " I sighed again, yawning a bit as well.

(Do we need a new RP to freshen things up?)
!Fox!
!Fox!

Back to top Go down

Post  Blip Thu Jun 22, 2017 2:28 am

" ...Forced stripper poker? Oh wait, strip. The place is the strip, the strippers are on the... uh..."

Oh. I shouldn't have said that out loud because Matzi was looking at me. -What is a "stripper"?-

-You don't need to know that don't worryaboutitokay? Ha ha...-

Shit. I couldn't be a parent.

"How about a house of cards!?"I quickly switched back between rayan and english. -Matzi imma teach you how to make a house with these things,-"Let's build a house and forget this little part happened in Matzi's presence."
(I donno. I was thinking about it.i wanna see if I can be a dude, tho ;D that's fine if you'd rather be the dude tho)
Blip
Blip

Back to top Go down

Post  !Fox! Thu Jun 22, 2017 2:37 am

(OMFG it works perfectly, as I actually wanted to play the girl in one XD. I have an idea or two if you wanna hear it, not sure if we have done them before in this one, but it's been so long since we have had any, I doubt it'll matter.)

"They strip vegetables so people can eat them more easily. But they are supposed to be a secret, so keep that between us alright? Mint just let it slip, so now she is really embarrassed.. " I replied smoothly after a moment if thought, a simple raised eyebrow and slight cheeky grin at her mess up from behind him, while I shifted again to get comfortable.
!Fox!
!Fox!

Back to top Go down

Post  Blip Thu Jun 22, 2017 2:51 am

(Hahaha Alrighty, let's hear them plots!)

I puffed my cheeks in response, focusing instead on quietly setting up cards as an example for Matzi to follow suit.

A few hours afterwards it was lunch. I didn't really feel all too hungry, but I felt that Matzi needed to get used to a regular eating schedule. -Alright, we can finish this later, we need to go eat some lunch,- "We should go get lunch. If I remember corrently, from what I gleaned, you'll only have a heart to heart with him if we're not there? We'll stick to you if you want."
Blip
Blip

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 26 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 20 ... 26  Next