Till death do we part?! (Closed)

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Till death do we part?! (Closed)

Post  !Fox! on Tue Jul 18, 2017 5:19 am

"I'll be fine... If need be we can always pull over and camp or something. As for food, I may need it in the future, but have no currency as of yet to buy it." Kayson stated, frowning. "I had been thrown out about 2 days ago. I found a kinder woman who gave me some bread a day ago, and I've hunted since then when making my way here. There are others, but this one was the closest relic." He stated smoothly, dusting the sleeves of his jacket with a quiet sigh. "What is this i heard about a war?"
!Fox!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Till death do we part?! (Closed)

Post  zombiequeenkai on Tue Jul 18, 2017 5:00 pm

Onyx eyed Kayson carefully as she listen to him talk. She crossed her arms and had a thoughtful look on her face. She was a bit concern knowing that he only eaten bread and hunted for the past two days. She was worried about when was the last time he ate but, she won't prod anymore than this. She waves a dismissive hand. "Don't worry about currency. I'll pay for anything that we'll need," she told him while mumbling to herself a list of what they might need. "I got too much money which I hardly ever spend. Beside, it'll take too long for you to find a job and get paid," she continues on. She drops her arms to her side and shake her head. "We'll need to stop by the market before heading out," she said, more so to herself. She gestured to start walking again. From the side of her eye, she studies Kayson when he asked about war. "There is no war. Well... not yet that is," she started, "The last war was about 40 years ago. It's done and over with. This country already paid off it's war debts but the prices keep on going up every year. In theory, taxes should be going down but... that's not the case." Onyx then shrugs. "With the way things are going, this country is going to be looking at a civil war really soon," she explains with a devil may care attitude. "But I really don't care. Just more job opportunities for me... I don't even live in this country. I just so happened to have a job here," she continues.
Onyx continues leading them till the sound of shouting and yelling caught her attention. Up ahead, there was a crowd circling a little stage. It seems a couple of farmers were bidding off some farm animals and she notices some horses to be put up next. As she walks up to wait for the bidding to begin, she turns to look at Kayson. "Do you know how to ride a horse?" she asked.
zombiequeenkai

View user profile http://everykissbeginwithkai.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  !Fox! on Tue Jul 18, 2017 5:14 pm

"Vaguely. I can learn quickly as need be to fill in the gaps in my knowledge." He responded, quietly blending in beside her with a look that could only be described as slightly nervous. He swallowed and put his hands in his coat pockets, fumbling for something. Upon finding it, he noticeably untensed, and sighed. Glancing up to the horse, he tilted his head, and watched it curiously before smiling. "Tell me, do you know how to communicate with them?" He asked quietly as the horses were brought forward
!Fox!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  zombiequeenkai on Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:59 pm

Onyx let out a sigh at what he said about his knowledge on horse back riding. "Well... try not to fall off the horse. It might not look like it but it's a surprisingly high fall," she warns him. She gently nudge his shoulder. "If you need help, don't hesitate to ask. It'll be bad if you slow us down," she said. Onyx looks straight ahead to the stage as she waits for the horses to come up. As she patiently waits, she made an inquisitive sound when she heard Kayson's question. She turns her head slightly to look at him. "That's a strange question," she started, "But to answer... no I don't know. I only know how to ride them and get along with them enough." She looks up as she thought deeply. "Considering I have wings, I don't really ride them often unless I need to travel by land," she explains to him. She then turns to face the stage again. "But... I'm more of a dog person," she mumbles, rather embarrassed for that after comment.
When the bidding starts on the horses, Onyx placed a bid of 12 gald for two of the horse. Onyx wasn't really in the mood to haggle with the townspeople and just opted to just win the bid right there. She predicted the most a person would pay is 10 gald, so she place 12 just to be safe. Just like she predicted, no one was willing to try and beat her bid. Taking her money, she went up to the seller and handed the pay. "Here, take the lead," she said as she passes one of the ropes to Kayson. "These horses are well domesticated already, so they should listen to you," she explains, "As long as your confident, you shouldn't have any problems. If they start being stubborn, just tug on them a little. And if you really want to get along, just feed them some apples." As she explains the basics of horse maintenance, she gently pets the neck of her horse to keep it calm. "Now then, let's just lead them to the market, grab some supplies and head out," she said before pulling along the horse. "Beside food and a saddle, is there anything we should grab before heading out? Even though it's a day and a half travel, it's best to be over prepared for the worst," she continues, sounding rather mother like surprisingly.
zombiequeenkai

Back to top Go down

Post  !Fox! on Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:53 pm

"Maybe a mana crystal, just to bolster our reserves if we need it. Not sure if they still sell those here." He responded simply. A warm smile gracing his lips, he whispered to the horse, and chuckled as it responded by nudging him playfully. He said another line, and the horse began following him, without him holding the Reigns. "Remind me to teach you when we leave town. The concept applies to all animals." He stated, ignoring the stares of disbelief at how quickly he had bonded with the horse as they walked away.

(Sorry not sure what to do as a response for this one)
!Fox!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  zombiequeenkai on Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:55 pm

(Ah, it's fine. Sorry, I'll move the scene on then)
"Mana crystals? Er, I don't think a town like this would sell those... at least freely," Onyx said as she tries to figure out where they would find such a thing. "To tell the truth, I don't use magic," she explains to him, "If I need energy, I just need to eat a lot." She shrugs. "I suppose we just need to put up with what we have and you could just fall back on me if needed," she said. Onyx had a curious expression as she watch Kayson established a connection with the horse. But she just shrugs it off as an "angel thing". She shakes her head to Kayson's offer. "No thanks. I don't see it as a necessary skill for me to learn," she said, "I'm just happy with my connection with dogs. She leads them to the outdoors market. It was a rather fast shopping experience. Onyx just bought some food supplies and the saddles. She might have bought more food then necessary but was more than enough for the trip. She load up her horse before climbing it and face in the direction of the school. "From here, it's a straight shot east. As long as the sun is ahead of us, we're heading in the right direction," she told him. She started off going at a slow pace. "Out of curiosity, is this the first time for you to be on this plain?" she asked him.
zombiequeenkai

Back to top Go down

Post  !Fox! on Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:23 am

"No. There were times back when I was much younger, when they had the system of guiding the souls to where they belonged. I volunteered for it since no one else wanted to." Kayson responded simply, mirroring her actions as he swung up onto the horse with slight apprehension, his movements slightly shaky due to inexperience. The horse responded by taking a few steps forward after he held an apple in front of it for the horse to eat. Rubbing the horses head with a gentle smile that bespoke many years of gentle kindness as he spoke up again. "Other times I would end up being the angel to deliver prophetic visions to those who needed them to prevent great loss of life, given my father's position and how much i resemble him."
!Fox!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  zombiequeenkai on Thu Jul 20, 2017 1:31 am

"How long ago are we talking about when you say "younger"?" Onyx asked, her voice bouncing a little due to her horse's steps. She kept a tight grip on the reins, a bit worried about falling off but she tries not to show it. It's been awhile since she last rode a horse. She's sure though that the muscle memory of it will come back it her. "While you and me are practically immortal, humans and other creatures are. Thanks to them, they make the world seem like things are advancing rather quickly," she said, explaining her thought process to him to Kayson. She was looking ahead but it seems like she was trying to see into the future. While she does recall when the angels were still guiding souls, she was under the impressions that they were still doing it. Hearing that new piece of information made her wonder if they put in a new process or if they just forsaken the souls of the dead. Well, that's something she'll investigate for another day. "Well... regardless if this was your first visit. I doubt those visits gave you enough time to really experience the mortal plain before returning to heaven," she said before rolling her shoulder. She turn a little to check on how Kayson was fairing on horse riding. "Just... a suggestion, why not have some fun being down here? I'm sure that there are many new things since your last visit. I don't think you need to be in that much of a rush," she said before shrugging. "Well, you can just brush what I'm saying as a demon trying to tempt you into giving in to your cardinal desires," she added at the very end. Onyx then grows quiet for a moment before speaking up. "...How are things in heaven before you got kicked out? Same as always?" she asked, "Heard anything about a female angel raising in the ranks rapidly? Or new angels?"
zombiequeenkai

Back to top Go down

Post  !Fox! on Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:49 am

"Yes, there were murmurs of that, why do you ask? She the one you have issues with?" Kayson responded, focusing on staying seated on the saddle at the moment before sighing, his thoughts turning to heaven. "As for the status of Heaven? It was rather nice I guess. Boring though. I'm sure everyone up there enjoys it immensely, but im just a fish out of water wherever I go. Im sure there are parties somewhere there but I never get asked to go. Not gonna crash them as I am sure I would do something wrong, so I would usually stay in the Garden of Hope and entertain myself by reading or doing art when not tending to the duties thrust upon me by my family." He responded, frowning. "To be honest Onyx, I am not even sure what fun is when pertaining to myself. Everything ive done so far is just to keep myself busy... I am sure that at one point I knew what it was, but after awhile it's just become a habit, something one does while staring blankly into the void." Kayson said quietly. "I was this age when my mortal body fell. Mortals would refer to it as back during the Crusades. Things were different back then. Then, angels guided everyone individually. Lately however, with more and more modern people coming to Heaven, and even fewer of them becoming angel's, no one wants to guide the spirits. Now things are done once every two days. Its become a chore, rather than a service done out of kindness... I fear i was born in the wrong era some days...." Kayson sighed, whispering that last point to himself, glad the horse was making things easy for him.
!Fox!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  zombiequeenkai on Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:37 pm

Onyx doesn't reply to Kayson right away. Instead she looks like she was in deep thoughts and was thinking about something complicated. Even when she pulls herself back, she still look rather troubled. There was a tight, burning sensation in Onyx's chest as she looks to the distance. While the pain was spurn on by emotion, it's very much physical to Onyx. "... It's nothing you need to concern yourself with. It's something between me and her," Onyx finally spoke before shaking her head. At those words, the pain in her chest disappears. She turns her head to look at him as he talks about the state in heaven right now. Onyx shrugs a little. "Sounds like heaven alright. Eternal paradise? More like eternal boredom to me. It's either do nothing or do work, nothing in between," she said, "If you want a plain with more excitement, there's this one and hell. Down in hell you'll always have a heart racing moment. You'll never know who's there to kill you." Onyx looks around before landing her eyes back onto Kayson. "But reading and doing art huh? You fancy yourself an artist?" Onyx ask in a light hearted tone. Onyx turns her head back to face forward while listening to him talk about fun. She nods her head to what he said. "You and I aren't that different in that aspect. Forgetting what fun is and filling that void with pointless work," she said, "Helps slow down the that spiral of insanity. But well... unlike you, I still know where to look for fun. I just chose not to seek for it and let myself forget what it's like." Onyx listen to him speak before letting out a sigh. "Maybe you were born in the wrong era. Maybe not. Who knows. Just be thankful you're different or whatever," she said with a wave. "Who cares about what people think or do? If the tasks aren't being done, that falls on the higher up, not the people," she said, "In the end, what's important is what you do. Can't change people. Start with yourself."
(Ah, sorry for take so long. I think I'll respond to caste system tomorrow. Embarassed )
zombiequeenkai

Back to top Go down

Post  !Fox! on Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:26 am

(No worries Smile)

"A fairly good one. You would be a good subject to sketch, many good aspects to focus on." Kayson said indifferently, looking her direction curiously at the pain she felt, but refrained from asking. He turned away and sighed quietly, a heavy feeling settling in his chest at the thoughts he was thinking. "I see no point in changing. There would maybe be 2 people to notice it, and you are one of them. My father knew what happened and could have intervened, but refused to. It's obvious he favors my brother. It still hurts though..." He muttered to himself, electing to fall quiet now, his gaze now drawn to the surrounding scenery. "Heaven isnt a horrible place... I just wished that Angels werent so stuck up these days... I miss the days where we would take time to get to know everyone personally... Now its all about partying..." He spoke loudly enough for her to hear. "That said, I dont think a person of my type would survive long down there. I am rather passive and submissive."
!Fox!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  zombiequeenkai on Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:05 pm

Onyx couldn't help but let out a bitter laugh at what he said about sketching her. "Good aspects? In the same manner as how people would capture the image of monsters I suppose," she said in a spiteful manner. She then shakes her head and frowns deeply. She turns her head to look at him as he speaks. "What does it matter if only two peoples or a thousand people would notice your change. If you want to change yourself, do it for yourself and no one else. But if you believe you shouldn't change, then that is just as good as well," she said, "I believe everyone is good being themselves but if they wish to change, then that's fine as long as it's their own decision." She then gives him a gentle smile, which didn't really match her tone or her other smirks. "But I'll take being one of the people to notice your change as a badge of honor then. I'll be sure to witness any change," she told him. She then goes back to her ever normal frown. "Well... I was never the type to care about family ties. I find the bonds you create with others who truly care for you way more important than a bond between a parent and a child who don't care for each other. So instead of dwelling on your father's lack of affection, concentrate on that brother you love," she said with a shrug, "But this is just what an orphan thinks. I wouldn't know the concept of family ties." Following Kayson's gaze, Onyx looks around as well. "With the way you description the inhabitants of heaven, it sure does sound like a bad place. Home is where the heart is, not the location. If the people aren't comforting, then it isn't a good place," she said. She then smirk at what he said. "Well, you aren't wrong about that. This kind of place would eat you up if you're too passive and submissive. You need to grow some sort of shell or defense if you want to survive here," she said.
(We should consider a time skip soon?)
zombiequeenkai

Back to top Go down

Post  !Fox! on Tue Jul 25, 2017 5:16 pm

(Go for it!)

"Your jaw line is well formed, you have pretty eyes, soft expressions, a kind personality. Anyone can see it if they take time. Those are what I meant by aspects." Kayson said with a slightly red face, looking over to the side, away from her. "That is sagely advice. Thank you."
!Fox!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  zombiequeenkai on Wed Jul 26, 2017 1:24 am

Onyx's face went bright red when Kayson describes her good aspects. She opens her mouth and closes it several times trying to say something but was too speechless to really say anything. "S-stupid! What the hell are you saying? Don't start spouting out ridiculous nonsense!" she spats out, looking completely flustered. "Tch, this conversation is closed. Done. If you can concentrate on saying silly things then you can concentrate on riding," she rambles before snapping the reins, prompting her horse to go faster. Her face was still red despite retreating from Kayson.

-time skip-

"Here we are... Dreloths," Onyx said before slowing her horse to a stop before a large metal gate. The metal gate was very large and had a fancy design but it didn't look all that sturdy for defense. But Onyx is sure that there was some sort of spell protecting the school instead. Before the gate were two bored looking guards. Onyx slides off her horse and waited for Kayson to do the same. "Follow my lead," she said before walking up to the guards. "Hey. I'm Onyx Stone. I'm here to see Professor Shane Washington," she told the guards. They nodded at her words. "Of course. He's been expecting you. Go right in... the stable boy will take your horses. He's right ahead," one of the guards spoke while the other opens the gate for them. She guides her horse in and falls in step with Kayson. When she was out of their hearing range, she spoke up to Kayson. "I'm thankful that this went so smoothly. Last time I visited, they attacked me on sight for being a demon," she said before adding in a frustrated sigh. A couple of child servants ran up to meet them to take their horses to the stable. With the horses handled, Onyx leads him again through the building. There were several students and teachers milling about on the school grounds. Couple stopped to look at them but other than that, let them be on their way. They head up a tower before stopping in front of a door. Not even bothering to knock, Onyx just steps inside. The room was very cluttered filled with books, papers, boiling potions, and out lines of previous explosions.

"Haven't you ever heard of knocking, you barbaric woman," a voice spoke up. Appearing from behind a book shelf, an annoyed, dark skinned male made himself known. Onyx shrugs at his words. "Hm. Even if I did knock, you wouldn't have answered," she replied. Shane let out a frustrated noise before looking to Kayson. He adjusted his glasses before walking closer to the pair. "I thought you were pulling my leg when you wrote that you'll be bring someone," he said, "I thought you meant a dog or a plant. Thought you weren't interested in making friends anymore." Onyx crossed her arms at that comment. "I'm not. Kayson, care to explain our situation for us?" Onyx ask before point to her marked finger.
zombiequeenkai

Back to top Go down

Post  !Fox! on Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:11 am

On the way up to the professor they were to meet, Kayson sighed, shaking his head. "They can see that I am an angel, and while they cant see the level of magic that binds us, or what it does, they know something serious is up. The fact that we are putting up with each other is a good indication of how serious." He said with an amused grunt, Weaving elegantly through the people and hallways after her. Upon stepping into the room with the various potions that drew his rapt attention, he paused, before looking up at the rather aggressive looking Mage. Bowing respectfully to the mage, Kayson spoke gently in a kind tone. "I do apologize for the Intrusion. Long story short, there was an... Altercation in my plane of existence, and I was sent here to collect some relics in order to return to heaven. The area I landed in was not very far away from one of said relics, but it seems someone else wanted the relics for themselves, and sent Onyx after it. I sensed her pressence, and waited curiously, as i knew how tricky these could be to navigate on the final traps and had hoped to have her help. One thing lead to another, and one of the spells went off, teleporting the relic away, and applying a binding spell on her as she had been closer. The lei-lines of magic expanded outwards, and as best as i can tell, I was closer to her than the Magical Anchor that it was meant to bind her to and kill her inside of said dusty rune had been, so it bound to me instead. My wards did not deflect it, but seemed to have altered it enough to make it have an extended range as well as less strength than intended, but still incredibly strong."
!Fox!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  zombiequeenkai on Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:25 am

"You could just say that Onyx picked a fight with you. I know her very well at this point," Shane spoke, giving a smug look towards Onyx. Onyx looks visibly annoyed by the comment but she doesn't snap at him, keeping her temper in check. The mage gave a dismissive wave to the two of them and gestured to see there hands. "You say binding spell? Let me examine this myself. Not to hurt your feelings but I don't trust your judgement on this," Shane spoke rather bluntly, causing Onyx to snicker a little. At the sound of this, the mage summon his staff just to smack her on the head. "Ouch. Damn..." she mutters to herself, letting Shane examine her finger. He then moves on to Kayson to inspect. Once done, he moves back and Onyx looks at the mage with an expecting gaze. "Has anyone ever told you two were morons? If not, I'll take that honor and say... you guys are fucking morons," Shane said before smacking Onyx several times on the head once again. The demon quickly moved away to cradle her head. "Augh! You psycho mage! What the hell is wrong with you?! I'm not the only one who would feel this!" Onyx hissed at him. Shane slams his staff on the ground. "Of course I know that. That's the point. You got a marriage spell cast on you two," Shane explains in a matter-of-fact tone. At those words, Onyx stood up straight and ignored her sore head. "What? A marriage spell?" she repeated back with disbelief. "Yeah. Congratulations you two. Have fun on your honeymoon," the mage jokes. He waves his hand to pull out a book from a nearby book shelf. With another wave, the book opens on the page about marriage spells and placed it on a clear table.

Onyx covers face and groans. "You got to be kidding me. Are you sure that this is a marriage spell?" Onyx asked. The mage looks frustrate at the fact that he was being questioned. He points to their marked fingers. "Of course I'm sure. Have you never seen a married couple? Just looking at your wedding bands are enough to tell me," he explains. He then looks to Kayson. "And that term "magical anchor" is just something you read from the glyphs on the ring, right? It's just a fancy term that says you two are hitched," he explains. Onyx crossed her arms. "There got to be a mistake," she said with a sigh. "Don't question my judgement. You two have wedding bands, share each other's pain, and I'm sure you two can't stay away from each other for a certain distance, right?" he replied back. Onyx remains quiet at those words which made the mage satisfied. "Good. Now stop complaining and hold hands so I can figure out what is this spell's level," he finishes.
zombiequeenkai

Back to top Go down

Post  !Fox! on Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:14 am

"It's probable that it's a rank Eight to Ten. I apologize, my knowledge of how far your kind has progressed in magic is a bit lacking. I figured a man of your skill would prefer the exact words I read when reading the spells execution." Kayson said, rubbing his head with a wince. He flinched at the tone in her voice, and sighed, holding out his hand gently, a blank face hiding the embarrassment and shame he was feeling towards her reaction.

"Onyx... Calm down... Look at it this way... You could have died back there, slowly being crushed to death..." Kayson stated quietly, avoiding her gaze. He held his hand in reach of hers and coughed, looking away. "The longer we panic, the longer it takes to see if or how we can break this easily, without either of us ending up in pain or dead
!Fox!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  zombiequeenkai on Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:07 pm

Shane made an impressed noise at what Kayson said. "Oh ho. I see that your husband here has manners. It would be nice if you learn a thing or two from him," Shane said with an approving nod. Onyx roles her eyes at that comment. "Shut up. Stop making it sound like we're something more," Onyx hissed, her face turning red. Onyx then looks to Kayson and carefully observe him. "I would have much better prefer the crushing. I won't die by something like that. More like being crushed to death for all eternity. But well... I can just turn into a shadow to get out," Onyx complains. Shane claps his hands together to get her attention. "Onyx can only die by getting stabbed by a holy weapon through the heart. It was interesting finding out about that weakness. I conducted-" "Ack! Shut up!" Onyx immediately takes Kayson's hand. She looks away with a huff but her hands were really warm and the whole thing was making nervous. "Good. Now let me test this," the mage said with a nod. He hovers his staff near their hands. Light started to glow from the tip. The light started on white before going through several color changes then stopped on black. At that color, Shane removes his staff and took a step back. "Your right about the range... this is a level ten spell," he spoke rather gravely. Onyx drops Kayson's hand and crossed her arm. "What does that mean? Can you break it?" Onyx asked. Shane shakes his head.

"No. To break a marriage spell, you need a divorce spell. And the only one who gives either of them are a priest," Shane explains before walking to a book. He flips a couple of pages. "A priest? Really? You can't do it?" Onyx asked. The mage shook his head. "No. For those spells, you need to be a man of the cloth. Serving god and whatever. And last I check, I deal with... demons like you. I don't think god would appreciate me," Shane explains, "And since this is a level ten, you'll be needing at least an archbishop. But I really can't promise you that an archbishop is strong enough." Onyx raised a her hand to her face to look at the magical wedding band. "An archbishop for this? There's only about ten of them on this continent," Onyx said. Shane gives them a look that says that he really doesn't care. "Well, it's up to you two on how you want to go about this," Shane said. He brings up the book and held it before them. "I really can't tell you want your spell will do since the highest it ever was is level six," Shane explains, "But what I do know about the spell. For one, your souls are now bound together... which is why you share each other's pain. You two can't part for a long time or be far away from each other or else that leads to death. Having an affair is a big no-no. The cheater would end up feeling an immense amount of pain. There's also some say they can feel each other's feeling." Onyx made a gesture that say's "go on". "But since this is a level 10 spell, I think you guys might die at any small thing that you do against each other. This spell looks like it's going to be intense and be there to drive you two closer to each other," Shane finished explaining. Onyx gives a confused look. "What do you mean by that? Drive us closer?" she asked confused.
zombiequeenkai

Back to top Go down

Post  !Fox! on Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:50 pm

"You wouldn't have been able to Onyx, there would have been a countermeasure against that. But I am glad to know that you find being bound to an angel with the secrets of heaven itself to be a fate worse than a painful death. As for bringing us together, It may influence how we view each other. These spells are known to amplify the good emotions and lessen the negative ones after prolonged exposure to them." Kayson said, a slight tinge of hurt lancing through his chest at her words, before turning away from her and walking to a window.

"I doubt God would abandon you. He has had interest in people like you for some time. I wouldn't be surprised if my brother was sent to collect you if you die judging by how Onyx spoke of you. We may need multiple Arch Bishops if its as serious as you claim. It seems it may be a race against time, to break the bonds before they influence us enough to not care and enjoy each others company. "
!Fox!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  zombiequeenkai on Fri Jul 28, 2017 4:25 pm

Onyx crossed her arms at what Kayson said. "No offense but, I'm not interested in the secrets of heaven," she told him. She then sighs and drops her arms to her side. "Good thing that I'm all negatives then. No good points about me," she said before looking at Kayson's back while he's looking at the window. Shane clears his throat. "It's nice that you two are having your first lover quarrel but I like to wrap things up now," he spoke up. Onyx looks back at Shane. "We aren't having a lovers quarrel. I'm just saying that I'm going to fight against this spelling with every fiber of my being," she stated, "Be sure to hate me Kayson. It'll be easier for you." The mage doesn't look impressed by Onyx's words but he doesn't say anything else.

Shane smiles at Kayson's words. "That you for saying that but at the end of the day, I'm not really interested in being on God's side," the mage said before shaking his head. He leans against his staff. "I'm not interested in a God who punished man for eating the fruit of knowledge. I devoted my life to my studies and I fully intend on doing this on my own way, he spoke, "I won't consider it until a certain angel I'm acquainted with is dead but in the end, I would prefer Onyx to lead me to the afterlife." Onyx couldn't help but laugh at that. "I don't think normal people would say that they want a demon to drag them to hell," she said, "But you were always strange... even as a kid." She then waves a passive hand. "While I'm not the sort of demon to do that, I heard your request loud and clear. I'll be here for you in the future but for now, let's get back to topic," she said before crossing her arms. "To get several archbishops to help us is going to be a pain," she said, "They aren't just going to jump up just because we asked nicely. And I don't think they're going to be all that kind once they know I'm the one who needs help." Onyx had a troubled look on her face. "Burning down a cathedral, killing some priests, robbing a paladin naval ship, and being an all round pain in the ass to the church makes a person reconsider things, Onyx. Now don't you wish you were a different person?" Shane sarcastically tease Onyx. "I always wish to be another person," she said with a sigh, "But regardless, this is a race against time, as Kayson's said. We need to do something big to make the church forgive me and make they feel indebted enough to break the spell for us."
zombiequeenkai

Back to top Go down

Post  !Fox! on Fri Jul 28, 2017 5:47 pm

The hate would cause pain. For both of us. I doubt I could hate anything." Kayson replied honestly, and frowned. "What church was it? And what were the priests names if you know? I have a plan or two tumbling in the back of my head
!Fox!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  zombiequeenkai on Mon Jul 31, 2017 5:38 pm

"Good. The pain would remind us that we need to break the spell, not enjoy it," Onyx reasoned, though it wasn't the greatest idea. But she was too hard headed for her own good. She place a hand on her hip. "Trust me. I'm not someone easy to like," she told him. Shane made a noise that sounded like a mix of a cough and a laugh at that comment but other than that, he remains quiet as he watched the two interact. She then gives him a curious look when Kayson mentioned that he has a plan. "Hm? What's your plan then?" she asked, her interest caught. She crossed her arms as she thought about the answers he wants. "Let me think... I burned down the Ocnir Cathedral. It was suppose to be the biggest church ever built. Took those humans about 35 years before I came around," she mused out loud for Kayson, "And I killed Father Roland, Father Mace, Father Jaquet, Father Arthur... he was a hard one, and um... Father Rolfe... he was suppose to be the 11th archbishop, and now that I think about it, I killed a couple of nuns too. I think I'm missing some too." As Onyx continues to think, she was startled when Shane clapped his hands. "Lovely that you two have a plan going on but if you're done with me, I would like you two to leave. You already disrupted my day as it is already. I don't need you guys to loiter in my room. As any single person can attest to it... couples are annoying," he spoke before making a shooing gesture. "We aren't a couple. But... sorry about this Shane. Can you set up a transportation spell for us?" Onyx asked, turning her attention back to her friend. "Anything to get you two out of my hair. Where would you like to go?" the mage asked as he summons the devices he need for the spell. "Well, if we got no place important to go, I would like to go home. It's the safest place I can think off and it's well supplied. Besides... I got three hungry dogs to feed. You have any complaints to that Kayson?" she asked.
zombiequeenkai

Back to top Go down

Post  !Fox! on Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:58 pm

"Damn woman, you like to party... No, I have no objections,i rather enjoy dogs. My plan is as follows. The priests you killed were actually fairly good acquaintances of my father. They dealt with him often enough. Getting them a special holy relic or two, and some hard labor would help, provided you play along with the narrative that we were bound together to punish you, and that I am pushing for you to renounce your old ways and be a better person, so that the bond is easier to break." Kayson responded simply, sighing in resignation at her words of being unlikeable
!Fox!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  zombiequeenkai on Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:45 pm

Onyx gives Kayson a look that says that she wasn't flattered at all by his comment about her "liking to party". But other than that, she doesn't acknowledge it. Instead, she moves on to the plan. "Hah? Help them out to get favors? I rather eat my own foot," she said, repulsed at the idea of severing those priests. She crossed her arms and glared at him. "I have honor and self respect. Giving them stuff and helping them? After what they done? That's a great insult to their victims," she said before crossing her arms. "I don't exactly kill without some good reason. Child trafficking, the illegal selling of highly addictive drugs, scamming their patrons... Though I'll admit with Father Arthur's case, he was just misguided in his views, I chose the people over just one life," she said looking extremely stressed by this. She then closes her eyes and pulls up her poker face again. "But don't misunderstand me... at the end of the day, I was paid the correct amount by the victims to be their sword to fight back," she said with a dismissive wave. At this point, Shane steps in. "If your going to have this discussion, have it back at your home. I already have the teleportation circle made," Shane said before gesturing to a wide, glowing circle on the floor. Onyx awkwardly scratched the back of her neck before letting the conversation drop for now. She didn't realize how fast the mage could make such a thing. She walks to the circle and waited for Kayson to join her.

"Right... sorry again about this Shane. I'm happy to see you've been doing well," Onyx spoke for her farewells. "The same for me as well... though I can't say you're holding up well after that incident. But I know fully well that you're not going to talk about it," the mage spoke. At that, the area around her heart was hurting again. Onyx only gives an apologetic look. "Good bye Shane... this is really the last time I'll meet you," she said before gesturing for him to continue. Wordlessly, the mage finished the spell and transported them to a clearing in a forest. Before them was an oddly placed brick house with vines growing along it's side and a small garden growing in front. There was the sound of barking come from inside.

Onyx started to walk to the house but doesn't bother to look at Kayson. But her heart was still hurting. "I really hope you like dogs as you say then... I got three large dogs waiting inside," she spoke, as if nothing is happening. "Though... I suggest not to pet the white one unless you want to be bitten. He really hate guys... well, people in general who isn't me," she rambles a little, "He's missing an eye... an- er- just- someone really bad pluck it out to spite me and now he won't let anyone but me pet him."

(Erm, sorry for always taking so long. I'm just lazy lmao. But fun news, my seven day probation for no links on this site is over. I can finally link Onyx's ref. sheet that I wanted to link at the start: http://xxdarkangel118xx.deviantart.com/art/Onyx-Stone-Ref-Sheet-434896176 )
zombiequeenkai

Back to top Go down

Post  !Fox! on Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:01 pm

(No worries. Mine is emailed to me so i always know when to reply)

"Then you keep distance, and Ill do the work. Like, find a cafe nearby or a library. I am no stranger to having to shoulder burdens." Kayson smiled honestly as they finished teleporting. He cringed as his chest started hurting, and winced a bit. "I know you aren't going to talk about it. To me at least. I do hope your alright." He said, trying to categorize the emotions he felt were swarming him for some reason. He gradually figured out they were hers after several minutes of silence, standing in the clearing alone in thought. He sighed, rolling his shoulders as he walked towards the cute home, tilting his head curiously as he added a cautious step to his path
!Fox!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top