Heaven 4 RP Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Royal Guard 1x1

2 posters

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

The Royal Guard 1x1 - Page 4 Empty Re: The Royal Guard 1x1

Post  Blip Thu Jun 29, 2017 3:18 pm

"How does it feel to be Officially Lady Ceilia Whitewall, sworn Knight of Katrin?" An evening gala was held after the latest group of squires finally had attained knighthood, with Ceilia the only one that had achieved so in such a short amount of time compared to the other members, though Zacharie was certain people were more happy over the free food and drink one could enjoy in their finest clothing with music and overall lively atmosphere all through the night.
Blip
Blip

Back to top Go down

Post  !Fox! Thu Jun 29, 2017 3:57 pm

A tired, restrained smile made its way to her face with a gentle sigh, watching the festivities from her position away from them. "It feels nice." She said, her usual outspoken and energetic personality hidden for now. "The rest of them were quite nice about it." She said, indicating the rest of the slightly older men who were laughing and drinking. By now, she had noticed the stares of a few of the nobles, and a few of the new knights as well, lingering on her.

"It was hard won, but I did what everyone said I couldn't. I do not believe I will engage in drinking amongst them however. It would not be wise, given how... Close, they seem to get to me when drinking." She sighed, having eaten more than her fill earlier, before the alcohol was brought out.

"If anything, I am going to celebrate by myself in a more secluded setting later tonight, given tomorrow is a resting day for us to recover from celebrations. I've already ordered myself a nice bottle of red wine and had it placed withing my quarters." She said, her hands playing with the bracelet he had given her what felt like ages ago.
!Fox!
!Fox!

Back to top Go down

Post  Blip Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:00 pm

"Nonetheless, your success seems to have inspired quite a few other women to try their hand at the challenge, even though most aren't nearly as skilled they are making an effort, as it's now something they can aspire to be without it seeming completely impossible. We figured you could become their instructor, at least for the time being, as we are considering forming a special unit of knights to serve the court, with you as their leader, if you don't mind. " He looked over at the other knights.
"It is quite a shame you're missing the highlight of the party, but I don't blame you. If a bunch of drunks stared at me in an uninterrupted manner I would probably also drink elsewhere." He sighed, clearly annoyed that this common occurance occurred even at such a pleasantly formal event. Of course Ceilia was lovely to look at, but that didn't warrant a pass to stare at her awkwardly. "I do wonder how long it will take them to simply look at you as a person that demands to be respected. Though... are you really going to celebrate this privately on your own? No friends? Surely you have formed some bonds in the time you've spent here, almost a year."
Blip
Blip

Back to top Go down

Post  !Fox! Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:34 pm

"Well, Smith is busy tonight, and you are usually busy. Given how they are all drunk, I don't feel my interaction should be expected. I despise men who can't handle their liquor. That is what homes are for. And the only other bonds are from my teachers. And that would hardly be appropriate." She responded, clasping her hands behind her back as she walked towards the balcony. "I do intend to, yes, unless you wish for me to join you. I expected this outcome from the beginning. Not many men are interested in a driven woman. Even back home that was the case. I was never one to search for friends either. The men here have tried, but it's not hard to read intentions. Even the Royals and nobility who claim they show nothing to their opponents." She said simply, her green eyes drawn to the dark sky.

"If I may... When you say serve the courts, what do you mean? While I am honored at the possibility, and that I am inspiring others, I do not feel I am ready for a leadership roll. I have no qualms teaching my own students however. That said, there has been talk and rumors that the Nobility may have plans to attempt engaging with me in the hopes of employing my services as a bodyguard, such as Smith was when I first met you." She said, sighing as she rested against the banister railing, enjoying the cold.

"I plan on turning them all down. Only you have earned my trust enough for that. Baring that, I may as well take that position." She said simply, speaking her mind as she only did with him. "The doors before me are endless. That said, there are only three choices I'll make. Things that I want."
!Fox!
!Fox!

Back to top Go down

Post  Blip Fri Jun 30, 2017 2:33 am

"Ah, it seems you would hate me, I don't really drink more than perhaps a pint before I start acting like a buffoon. Hence I don't favor drinking. I have a job that usually needs my full attention, anyway. But if you don't mind my company as a teetolater for the night I would gladly join you."

He walked up to the railing, arms folded behind him. "Naturally, the girls would have to be trained before being assigned as part of that special squadron they have in mind, as a way to have others respect a full female unit." He looked back at the festivities behind him, before continuing. "For now, as long as the girls can follow your orders and can hold their ground in all senses, that will suffice. I will show you what you need to know for your task. The Kingdom of Halsea has agreed to begin negotiations with us. Either they will send their royals and ambassador or we'll send our own. The reason that before we hardly had any contact with this kingdom was mainly it had a smaller domain, but they've expanded their influence rather quickly, hence we wish to settle certain things before they get any ideas. As knights of the court, you would be equal or one rank above a knight like smith, and they are to report to you, while you decide what is necessary to be done in order to prevent some major incident drastically affecting the kingdom ever coming to fruition without alerting too many people unnecessarily, short of actually declaring war. It is an important job, with much responsibility placed on your shoulders, but I would have to lie if I claimed that I would trust anyone else for this job."

"However, I'm curious. What choices are you referring to?"
Blip
Blip

Back to top Go down

Post  !Fox! Fri Jun 30, 2017 3:29 am

She smiled, raising an eye at him "Really now? Regardless, the difference is you KNOW your limits, they do not. I personally seem to have a resistance to it, and can drink my fair share. That said, I would never mind your company."

"Well, I could go and do small excursions searching for potential squires. I dont need to do that however, given what you have told me, as it seems people who do that wont have time for it as they will be training the influx of recruits. So that choice is out." Cielia sighed, almost glowing internally at the praise he directed at her. She paused, watching the lights in the city below for a moment before continuing. "I could take that position that you are considering me for, given I get the proper edification on what would be acceptable and what would not, or given that I have counsel of someone such as yourself." She said.

Closing her eyes again as she raised an eyebrow at one of the loud crashes heard behind them, a drunken knight having collapsed. She continued, and sighed "Or, perhaps down the line, train a successor or equal if I found the right person, Then go into teaching new recruits. Lord knows the standard swordsmanship they teach has a few holes in it." she replied, and caught glimpse of the small little bracelet that had come to mean so much to her, a little luck charm. Then, a wry smile grew on her face as she spoke the last choice she would pick if given.

"Or, I could repay the kindness you gave me back then, and offer my skill, blade, and life in service of you specifically. From what I understand, you are stationed here for the most part. You have a battalion of guards here in the castle for you wherever you go, leaving me to train the women in this special unit or effectively lead them in most cases, barring times where you would leave the castle, or special events we would be required presence at. I would prefer to have a second in command, for that special force of yours, such as Sir Jeffery Walting, if Sir Smith is not available for that position, as Smith is encouraging for the new recruits. Walting shows good promise, but is too raw at this moment, but either would show equality and fairness by picking a male, upholding the standards and beliefs of Katrin." she stated, looking at the ground for a moment.

"With such an assembly, I could seek counsel from you on serious matters, or, inform you of developing problems that could be arising. I could inform you of any possibly unforeseen problems that the unit may encounter as well, or offer insight that you may not see at first when dealing with others." She said, surprised at how quickly the solution had appeared before her. She looked up and smiled quietly at him as she finished with one last statement. "In the end however, That choice is entirely up to you. If you make a request of me, I would do my best to follow through with it." She stated, indicating that she was going to start walking towards the exit, lithely dodging to the side as a Knight came past her, looking ill as he leaned over the banister.
(I really like your word choices there haha. Sorry, I suck with making names for places...)
!Fox!
!Fox!

Back to top Go down

Post  Blip Sat Jul 01, 2017 2:59 am

(I suck at naming places too, I literally sit there, thinking, 'shit I gotta make up a place or a person and not refer them so much as a they uuuuuuhh *scans room* *scours memory for interesting sounding name* *panics* oh that's a good one' for like 10 minutes or more. And then I forget and have to backtrack. But it helps that it's in 3rd person, so I can actually keep track of names x/ )

Zacharie followed after her, walking by her side. "Anything you need in order to fulfill your duties will be provided. I am flattered at your desire to serve as my bodyguard as well, but unless a conflict arises, your working close yet more as a type of security counsel as well as a small group of hopefully elite knights will suffice for the time being. I do advise, however, you use the resources we have avaliable to forsee any concerns with Halsea before they arrive. As I'm certain you have figured by now, we do have an extensive network of spies that inform us of what is said behind closed doors. You will have access to their assistance with this," he offered her a new charm for her bracelet, shaped like a bird holding a small but highly detailed coin with the katrin emblem as well. "It cases when you feel you need more information, patrol the town with this attached to your bracelet, that will alert them and they will approach you when they feel it is best to do so."

"Do remember, I will provide personal help if you feel the need for it, though I shouldn't be the only option in times of need. But I do feel, for now, this manner can be discussed further at a later date. For now, care to dance? It's a shame that they've played most of the night and I haven't had a chance to do so myself."
Blip
Blip

Back to top Go down

Post  !Fox! Sat Jul 01, 2017 3:17 am

She nodded, slightly sour due to the rejection he put forth for some reason, and attached the charm to the bracelet easily. She paused, hearing him ask her for a dance, and smiled warmly with her dour mood forgotten quickly, holding out her hand to him as she had seen many other noble women do, along with what she had learned in training. "I would love too. I was beginning to worry that I put myself in this dress for no reason and they had taught me to dance without cause. Seems even the other nobles are terrified of me to an extent." She giggled, her other hand placing itself behind her back. She smiled, her slight unease and timid behavior melting, leaving behind her usual playful and warm demeanor. "You know, if anyone told me that i would be a Knight and be asked to dance with Prince Zacharie himself, I would not have believed them." She grinned, deciding to enjoy the little moment she was now having with him.
!Fox!
!Fox!

Back to top Go down

Post  Blip Sat Jul 01, 2017 3:59 am

(Zacharie you cockblocking bastard you)

"I likely would have been as equally incredulous if I had been told that I would ever have the pleasure of meeting such a talented knight that I could share a dance with," he said warmly as he twirled her to the song.
Blip
Blip

Back to top Go down

Post  !Fox! Sat Jul 01, 2017 4:19 am

(She is still just figuring out she likes him haha. First time crush/affection for her. So yes, damn him. Lol Also, power is out, and phone is almost dead, so this will be the last one I can do until either I get power to charge phone over night, or till I get to work to charge it.)

"My, my, are you attempting to make me blush?" Cielia laughed, her movements slightly stiff at first, before matching his pace. Glancing down every few moments to check her footwork, she sighed contentedly. "Or attempting to make sure I have a good time?" She asked, a dazzling smile on her face at the word's he had spoken, looking up to him. "Or just an attempt to liven up the maids and servants with tales of gossip?"
!Fox!
!Fox!

Back to top Go down

Post  Blip Sat Jul 01, 2017 4:36 am

(He's pretty much oblivious to her crushing, either way. I've actually written a character like him, now that I think about it. She was an alien sent to earth to study the effects of a spill caused by some federation her country had strained ties with, though she didnt know they're behind the events at the time. Anyways, one of the first people she meets ends up falling head over heels for her, but she is a naive workaholic who doesn't notice for a whole year. Even though they live in the same house. And he is not subtle. It was a fun rp to write. So Zack is totally gonna keep this up until it hits him in the face, maybe. Hope the outage doesn't last long, that sucks.)

He chuckled. "I merely countered your observation, though, yes, for additional amusement. Besides, if they don't gossip about this, they'll find something to talk about. Their jobs aren't nearly as riveting as our own, it's probably one of the many ways they keep busy aside from their usual tasks."
Blip
Blip

Back to top Go down

Post  !Fox! Sat Jul 01, 2017 1:21 pm

"If that's the case, I'll just send them to you to ask, because I would have too much enjoyment of manipulating the masses. It was one of the many ways I entertained myself when I was training by sending them scrambling around town." Cielia smiled, a warm feeling in her stomach at the smile and laugh he had. She then grinned. "You know, this helps more than you know. It will keep those pesky suitors from seeking me out, at least for a small time. I had been worried that they would be more forward after my Knighting."

By now, the song had begun to reach the end. She then looked at him and smiled with a bow of her head. "Thank you. For making my first dance memorable, and allowing me to experience what it's like to be a woman for once. This may be one of those moments I'll look back on fondly."
!Fox!
!Fox!

Back to top Go down

Post  Blip Sat Jul 01, 2017 3:34 pm

"They would have to be pretty brazen to ask someone with such high standards and ranking," he said, partially amused at the thought of some bumbling fool wandering up to her and failing to even slightly impress her with overt and empty demonstrations of grandeur.

Heh.

He bowed in return, "It's nothing short of a pleasant honor. I would fail my duty as a gentleman if I weren't someone who could be immediately remembered in a positive light."
Blip
Blip

Back to top Go down

Post  !Fox! Sat Jul 01, 2017 4:04 pm

"Please, Rank means nothing to me. If the baker boy who delivers the bread were to impress me, it would make far better impression than money." She said simply, slowly making her way back towards the door with him as the song had ended. "It's not wealth or fame. It's how one carries themselves and interacts with others." She finished, her face slightly red as her brain fired a random thought.

"People like you, Zacharie...

She shook her head slightly, utterly shocked at the thought, glad she wasn't directly facing him, and smoothly lifted a loaf of bread off the table as she passed by to distract herself, her hand shaking slightly.

"W-well, the night grows old, and I fear I have a decent walk ahead of me. If you would like, you could come with, as I'm sure I may need someone to keep me from causing mischief on the way. I am still not used to these shoes. Boots are much easier." She said, keeping her voice level for the most part, unable to keep her mind from that single thought for longer than a minute.
!Fox!
!Fox!

Back to top Go down

Post  Blip Sat Jul 01, 2017 5:43 pm

He nodded in agreement with her criteria as to what made a good impression, looking ahead, not noticing her rather sudden reaction. "I suppose that is a strong motivator as to why I carry myself as I do, it's easier to be respected without needing to invest needlessly in brute force or empty words."

He looked down to see the shoes in question, though the dress kept them out of sight for the most part. "Well, they do seem to hold your feet in a strange position, at least compared to your boots. They're nice, but it makes sense where you're coming from," he said, also not noticing she was trying to take her mind off of something by attempting as much small talk as possible.
Blip
Blip

Back to top Go down

Post  !Fox! Sat Jul 01, 2017 6:05 pm

"You know what..." Cielia sighed, leaning against the wall to take off the shoes, enjoying the cold stone beneath her feet. "These are over rated. Blast the person who invented them. They only cause pain. Lord knows how the noble women wear them all day..." She grumbled, looping a bit of her dress to make a container for them to rest in, leaving her hands free. She the resumed standing, her height now lowered to its normal level, a few inches shorter than him. She then clasped her hands behind her back comfortably, and paused. "You never answered my question. Would you like to walk with me?"
!Fox!
!Fox!

Back to top Go down

Post  Blip Sat Jul 01, 2017 7:27 pm

"What? Oh, sorry, yes, I would," he answered, taken off guard by his amusement towards her actions, though he had half expected she chuck them into the void. "By the way, noble women have worn those kinds of shoes since they were young, it's a familiar discomfort. It's like how sometimes my attire gets really stuffy when I travel to the southern area of the country, but I wear it anyway because of dress protocol."
Blip
Blip

Back to top Go down

Post  !Fox! Sat Jul 01, 2017 9:46 pm

"Try working in a forge. After that, heat doesn't bother you..." Cielia chuckled, walking slowly through the halls now, breathing deeply. "Well, Some women wear strange torture devices since they were children, I wore boots and armor. I doubt I will ever be comfortable in a dress..." she sighed, pinching the bridge of her nose. "Which reminds me. I may need two or three seamstresses if I am to take up position of leader and teacher of the women in my new unit. I had to make my own garments during training, as they had none fit for a woman, and It would bolster appearances if they were all to the same quality."

"Possible access to the smithy as well, if not just the tools in one, as I plan on teaching them how to properly maintain their equipment. I'm sure we will iron out the details tomorrow or the day after. Is there any specific day you would like me to join you and whatever group you are discussing these plans with? As I do have a few questions, concerns, and requests if I am to do this properly, without distracting the main set of troops stationed here." She said, obviously focusing on the subject now as she tossed the bread around in her hand. "Tomorrow morning I plan on sleeping in, unless needed, but tomorrow afternoon I would be free if needed." She said after a moment of mental debate on if she wanted to or not.
!Fox!
!Fox!

Back to top Go down

Post  Blip Sat Jul 01, 2017 11:26 pm

"Well thats a shame. You look so nice in it," Zachafie sighed. "Well, all of that can be arranged. If its not provided or you feel what you recieved is inadequate feel free to let me know. Also. Sunday morning is when we have a general weekly briefing. We occasionally have daily briefings, but those usually amount to trivial matters. Sunday is usually a leisure day, so if you don't feel up to listening to a bunch of stuffy men gossiping between points, I can fill you in later in the day. Whenever you feel like going over protocols, feel free to let me know, I am usually busy but I know how to work around schedule changes, so it's not a problem."
Blip
Blip

Back to top Go down

Post  !Fox! Sun Jul 02, 2017 12:52 am

"Sunday is tomorrow, but rumors have it that the men you meet with are heavily intoxicated. They may need recovery time. Just send a runner one hour in advance to make sure I am awake so I have time to get ready. If possible, have him bring food as well. I will make sure to be there." Ciela said dismissively, sighing a bit. "Besides, I would more than likely just spend the day training or in my room as usual. I am sure I could use the intellectual stimulation other than books. Besides, I am sure meetings like this will become standard procedure for me once i get in the swing of things. There is no use in prolonging what seems to be fate. All that changes is how much Wine i will consume." she continued sagely, spotting the door to her room.
!Fox!
!Fox!

Back to top Go down

Post  Blip Sun Jul 02, 2017 1:42 am

Zacharie chuckled. "Oh, they'll be there on their best behavior. Clearly you've never felt the rush that comes from seeing them suffer from the side effects of a hangover and grit their teeth when you aggregate the condition with loud noises and such. Luckily they also don't want to go down in history as the people who destroyed katrin because I was messing with them while they were hungover. Nonetheless, as I've said before, you'll receive what you ask for."
Blip
Blip

Back to top Go down

Post  !Fox! Sun Jul 02, 2017 4:13 am

"Careful, Sounds awfully like you are asking me to cause mischief from the sidelines for your amusement..." Cielia smiled, stopping at her door now, turning to him with a hesitant look. She paused, before opening her door. She made sure the path was clear, and leaned forward, giving him a quick, gentle hug, resisting the urge to kiss his cheek, the difference in rank still in her mind. She stepped backwards, into her room, and smiled with a slightly embarrassed expression. "Prince Zacharie... If i may be so bold, If it is easier, you can call me Ciel, from this point on, instead of my full name if it's just us. Just thought you would like to know. Its not something i would usually tolerate, but you are one of my closest friends, so, i feel you should be able too..." She said, rubbing the back of her neck with a nervous laugh, bowing respectfully. Standing back up, she smiled warmly at him. "Thank you for walking me back. For making my night amazing, and for giving me all these amazing chances..."
!Fox!
!Fox!

Back to top Go down

Post  Blip Sun Jul 02, 2017 1:37 pm

"Well, that all depends on whether you...want...to..." He was taken by surprise at the hug, as he hadn't expected one from Ceilia, of all people. She then said he could simply call her Ceil, at least when it was just them two, though it seemed like a new thing for her too, since she seemed suddenly rather shy. He smiled. "Then I guess you can start calling me Zack from now on, at least if you don't mind. And as I said before, it's an honor, you've proven yourself worthy of all you have recieved."
Blip
Blip

Back to top Go down

Post  !Fox! Sun Jul 02, 2017 2:17 pm

"T-thank you. That is high praise coming from you Zack." Cielia smile, trying out the name with slight excitement. "So I'll see you tomorrow in the usual meeting hall?" She asked, after tossing the heels into the corner with a sigh
!Fox!
!Fox!

Back to top Go down

Post  Blip Sun Jul 02, 2017 2:42 pm

He nodded. "Precisely. I suppose you'll enjoy the rest of the evening?"
Blip
Blip

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content