Heaven 4 RP Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

First meeting

2 posters

Page 5 of 26 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 15 ... 26  Next

Go down

First meeting - Page 5 Empty Re: First meeting

Post  Blip Sat Sep 24, 2016 2:42 am

My cheeks flushed slightly, and I lowered my gaze to avoid eye contact with the captain- or anyone else, for that matter- which was met with an amused chuckle. "Even considering the circumstances, this is very curious behavior for her, don't you think?"

She was probably right. Normally I'd make some show of puffing my cheeks, or glaring at her, but I simply couldn't bring myself to react.
Blip
Blip

Back to top Go down

Post  !Fox! Sat Sep 24, 2016 2:58 am

"I would be much the same way if i couldnt move very well under my own power... Anyways... What did you call us her for captain?" I asked, glancing up at the doorway to see Dane walk into the room.
!Fox!
!Fox!

Back to top Go down

Post  Blip Sun Sep 25, 2016 2:34 am

("Oh, we just found a deserted planet. With plants." *Stares at the screen a few seconds* I really need to be more awake for this...)

"Well, after doing days of pointless research, we found that most places with considerably sized Rayan populations would often leave behind a fertile land to be overtaken by absurdly large and destructive plants. They're not sentient, as far as I know, but they're highly invasive, and even more interesting than that, Rayan seem to pop back up in these life deprived hell holes and clear up the area and we figured that probably they're not being slaughtered en masse but they just migrate in a way that no one can really keep up and I am tired. Do you know how many hours of my life were spent listening to a machine drone on and on about a species of people that seem to blip out of existence? And most of that crap was useless. So. Useless."

"...So they migrate and set up some sort of organic security system to keep other people from taking up camp on their old stomping grounds."

She rolled her eyes. "Thank you, for not appreciating all those details from hours of droning text."
Blip
Blip

Back to top Go down

Post  !Fox! Sun Sep 25, 2016 5:41 pm

"With all do respect..." I said, speaking up "You have the option of doing a summery in those text entries. But why call ALL of us here? We doing an expedition? Gonna go poke the desert plants with a big shiny stick?" I asked, pausing to focus on a knot in her back. Having fixed that, i continued on. "Preferably, a big, shiny fire stick?"

(I had no idea who the hell was speaking XD)
!Fox!
!Fox!

Back to top Go down

Post  Blip Mon Sep 26, 2016 2:42 am

(ahhhhhhhh, sorry, it was the captain and main female protagonist whose name I've forgotten :/ oh wait her Nick names mint that's way easier to remember yea)

"How is a stick gonna be shiny if it's on fire? How would it even be ON fire?" I asked, my mind clearly not prioritizing the main issue here. Again, the captain rolled her eyes, and shot a glare ar Dane, who had begun to snicker briefly before clearing his throat. "I guess that's the case," he began, crossing his arms, "This is pertinent to you, the only Rayan whose existence is confirmed at the moment, because according to wierd legends, you should function as a type of important-information-detector-of-new-rayan-stuff-we-dont-know. We may actually make headway this time."
Blip
Blip

Back to top Go down

Post  !Fox! Mon Sep 26, 2016 6:44 am

".... One, don't doubt my engineering abilities. I shall make all the sticks shiny and on fire if i so damn well please, given our captain trusts me with anything resembling fire. Two, I would like to volunteer for that party as well, for obvious reasons, as well as others. While Mint is more than capable of handling the engineering purposes and needs, things have been known to happen when she goes around that kind of stuff, like passing out and having strange dreams, to her sleep paralysis right now... I am also more versed in combat, baring your score captain, and Dane's. I understand her and her small subtle inner workings, and may notice something she doesn't notice directly, or may notice some form of behavior change. You have the two newbies, They both passed the tests, they can hold the ship together till you reach the next port, if it comes down to it. There is also the enhanced stamina and physical attributes that our little accident before you grabbed us gave me and her." I said, tilting my wrist to show the device attached to my wrist, noting with some satisfaction my father seemed shocked.
!Fox!
!Fox!

Back to top Go down

Post  Blip Tue Sep 27, 2016 1:40 am

"Well, you wouldn't be here if I wasn't going to send you out to poke things with shiny fire sticks," the captain deadpanned. "I don't doubt anyone's capabilities either, the only people that would stay behind are lower level crew members and Warning, due to circumstances. Personally, I'd rather Mint stay behind as well, until she could manage herself better, but we are pressed for time."
Blip
Blip

Back to top Go down

Post  !Fox! Tue Sep 27, 2016 2:37 am

With a chuckle, I responded "Ill take that as permission to make those shiny fire sticks. When are we going down?"
!Fox!
!Fox!

Back to top Go down

Post  Blip Fri Sep 30, 2016 2:59 am

"unfortunately, as I said before, we are pressed for time. The shiny fire sticks would have to wait until a new opportunity arises. We are... Leading our own investigation, and it won't be long before higher ups make it more difficult for anyone but a Rayan to enter the area."
Blip
Blip

Back to top Go down

Post  !Fox! Sat Oct 01, 2016 5:04 am

"Alright, I was just joking. However, if time is of the essence, why are we waiting here?" I asked curiously.
!Fox!
!Fox!

Back to top Go down

Post  Blip Sat Oct 01, 2016 3:24 pm

"Because shoving you out an airlock without explanation would probably be frowned upon," she stated, rolling her eyes. "Follow me, you'll get to use the darts."

The "darts" in question were smaller ships, meant for at most 2 people. They usually remained tucked away, routinely maintained so they didn't malfunction when they did in fact get to see the light of space.

"Everyone will use a separate dart, so in case something occurs, we don't have to worry of briefly stranding someone while new dart is brought out."
Blip
Blip

Back to top Go down

Post  !Fox! Sun Oct 02, 2016 10:12 pm

"Damn, and i was so hoping to get paired with you! I wanted to play tic tac toe on the way down..." I said cheekily, a very small, friendly smile on my face. Clambering into the dart she indicated, he yawned, watching carefully as Mint got into hers
!Fox!
!Fox!

Back to top Go down

Post  Blip Mon Oct 03, 2016 12:40 am

"Hey, you never know, if something happens, we have to share," I said, waggling my eyebrows enthusiastically.
Blip
Blip

Back to top Go down

Post  !Fox! Tue Oct 04, 2016 7:23 am

"Well, I am damn sure you would get a kick out of that then, close proximity to your tomato?" I responded, the door closing on us, our words relayed via the intercom. I glanced out the viewing window with a bit of worry, seriously wishing i was in her dart right now.
!Fox!
!Fox!

Back to top Go down

Post  Blip Tue Oct 04, 2016 3:16 pm

(Oh he definitely wants to be in her dart *waggling intensifies*)

"Whatever it is you're saying, I'm glad I can't hear it," Dane deadpanned over the intercom. " You two can get incredibly sappy, and that's coming from someone who turns off the captions and gets zero context." I blushed slightly, embarrassed again, and felt pretty thankful i was alone. "Were not /that/ sappy...." I mumbled.
Blip
Blip

Back to top Go down

Post  !Fox! Thu Oct 06, 2016 12:33 am

With an amused grin at her reaction, i smiled and waved a little at her. Mouthing out the words, I said "Love you."
!Fox!
!Fox!

Back to top Go down

Post  Blip Thu Oct 06, 2016 1:03 am

I rolled my eyes, amused, "You're not helping to make a point..."

~~~~

It wasn't at all what I expected - or maybe I just trusted the wierd dream too much- but it seemed more like a normal forest than an overgrown abandoned city. "This is extremely underwhelming."
Blip
Blip

Back to top Go down

Post  !Fox! Thu Oct 06, 2016 6:39 pm

"Maybe to you. To me, all i see is hiding spots and ambushes around every corner..." I said quietly, still adjusting to the rifle i had grabbed from my dart. "Seriously, i get the rifle deal, but they dont have any handguns..." I mumbled, feeling out of my element.
!Fox!
!Fox!

Back to top Go down

Post  Blip Sun Oct 09, 2016 4:12 am

Dane grunted. "Believe me, government officials are anything but stealthy. /I/ could pick up on their presence, even without my glassgear," he said, pushing some of the foliage around, as if looking for something hidden on the ground, before directing his attention to his own headset. "I guess from here we have to find the city. I hope its not underground, those get... Tricky," he said, running hus hand through his hair.
Blip
Blip

Back to top Go down

Post  !Fox! Sun Oct 09, 2016 4:49 pm

"Government isnt what im worried about Dane. Your government is just like mine, just different faces, races, and they have much cooler toys... I could probably tell you if we were within fifty paces, but thats your territory, i'm just back up. No, i'm worried more about wildlife... Animals have a tendency to show up in places they should not be..." I stated, rotating to take a glance behind us before continuing forward. Every few minutes, i would take a glance at Mint to check on her. "So, Dane, what do you do for fun? We rarely see you or Warning on the ship..."
!Fox!
!Fox!

Back to top Go down

Post  Blip Tue Oct 11, 2016 3:18 am

I looked around. "I don't think animals would be so concerned for stealth- I think they wouldn't run away at the sound of the darts..."

Dane blinked, caught slightly off guard."Well, that's mainly because I spend my time doing paperwork. I'm a terribly boring person. Warning just keeps herself busy, she doesn't really have an assigned job, but they let her stick around as she isn't a liability. Shes the one with the musical hobbies. She loves music, if her hobbies didn't make it extremely obvious. Shes trying to think of a good name for our child that musically themed. And she wont be talked out of it," he sighed, suddenly looking a little tired, as if the thought exhausted him.
Blip
Blip

Back to top Go down

Post  !Fox! Tue Oct 11, 2016 7:47 am

"Aria for a girl, its Opera style music, Or Celeste. Alto for male." I stated simply, walking forwards at a cautious pace. "I dont know her musical tastes or abilities, so that's as far as i could go at the moment concerning baby names. She only communicates with notes or indications with her hands when it comes to me. Which is weird, considering how often she is in the Engineering Room asking me to tweak that music box for her." I stated, doing a slow turn as i spoke. "She is very quiet, sometimes its unnerving when i get focused, as ill forget she is there, and then ill get scared when she moves, much to her amusement." I sighed, chuckling a bit. "I must admit, it is rather handy having her there however, she always seems to know what i need, when i need it. Ill have set tools across the room, move to go get them, only to find them right next to me. Or random drinks will just appear just within arms reach when she passes through... In a way, she does have a job, and she does it well."
!Fox!
!Fox!

Back to top Go down

Post  Blip Tue Oct 11, 2016 3:16 pm

"Those actually sound like nice names. She wanted to name the kid after certain instruments, like Viola. That's like a violin or something, not sure. I'll tell her about the aria one, it sounds nice. I... Didn't really want to name the kid after a specific, tangible object." Dane chuckled when he mentioned Warning's extreme ninja skills. I did too, but I tried not to make it too obvious, since she had startled me on occasion as well - which Dane had witnessed. Then for a good bit afterwards he'd look incredibly smug. At first I wondered why she never seemed to catch him off guard, but he was probably more aware of his surroundings since he couldnt hear anyway.

"She is a very attentive person, with plenty of time to learn what's needed for any given situation. Only reason she doesn't help out more is basically lack of interest and strength. She prefers to help on the sidelines, I suppose to have more time for her hobbies."

"Has anyone noticed the lack of birdsong? Or animal sounds in general?" I asked, breaking the flow of conversation.
Blip
Blip

Back to top Go down

Post  !Fox! Tue Oct 11, 2016 4:52 pm

"Yeah, it is why I am so on edge." I stated simply, looking up into the trees as we passed underneath them. "Either plants killed them, or something else did. There are signs there WERE animals here, and the signs are relatively fresh. Id say within a month or so." I said, bending down to take a look at the snapped branches, and footprints.
!Fox!
!Fox!

Back to top Go down

Post  Blip Wed Oct 12, 2016 3:02 am

"Or maybe they were kindly removed once the plant life became too invasive?" I suggested, not liking the thought of stuff being killed off.
Blip
Blip

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 26 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 15 ... 26  Next