The Most Wonderful Time of the Year? open

Page 5 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The Most Wonderful Time of the Year? open

Post  !Fox! on Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:13 am

".... she was stuck at an intersection on 90th south and State street, outside my house... i got her into my house, let her eat and warm up, and then brought her here despite wanting to make sure she didnt get hypothermia..." i said quietly as i sat down on the cold ground nearby, my body hitting the ground with a heavy thump as i set my stuff down, and leaned against the bed next to me tiredly, holding out two large cups of noodle soup for them, mine sitting in my lap "drink up, both of you... you were trapped in a collapsed house in the snow, and your daughter didnt have enough winter clothing to make the extended trip to her freinds house...."
!Fox!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Juilii on Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:17 pm

"I didnt have enough clothing for the blizzard," I corrected coldly, taking the soup. My dad looked at him, and grinned. "You wouldn't happen to be the student council president at her new school, would you? She talks nonstop 'bout you-"

"I will pour this on your face if you dont stop talking nonsense, dad."

"Okay~"
Juilii

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  !Fox! on Fri Jan 10, 2014 6:55 pm

"yes, i am...." i said simply, catching the information he gave me, but let it slide, and sighed, looking at the people around us ".... your lucky..." i said quietly, watching the families ruinite happily with a glum face as i finished my soup, and stood up "im going to the bathroom if you need me..." i said, glancing at them as i walked towards the potapodies they had set up, my mood worsening as i heard the people talking happily to their parents or children who had been burried, my fists clenching as i exited the tent and held back my tears, resolving to at least make it to the bathroom so i could cry without anyone seeing me
!Fox!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Juilii on Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:22 pm

"...Rather glumpy fellow, isnt he?" My dad asked, as soon as he was out of earshot.

"Yeah, he just lost his sister," I said simply.

"And you still givin' him the cold shoulder?"

"Dad, dont just assume stuff, okay? Now drink your soup."

"...he needs a girl-"

"-Who isnt me. Too many problems that would cause. Now drink your damn soup before it gets colder."

"Well-"

"DRINK. THE. DAMN. SOUP."
Juilii

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  !Fox! on Sat Jan 11, 2014 6:34 pm

"....." i made it and sighed, locking the door behind me and let it go, glad that the loud actions around the container covered up my light crying, half tempted to go back home again, after all, she didnt need my help any more, everyone had been helped, and her dad was safe... "so much for having a friend..." i muttered, having finished what i needed to do, i exited and began searching for a place that had a good view so i could attempt to relax, and not have to look at happy families, and decided the best place would be a tree nearby the recovery tent, so i began climbing, ignoreing the stares i was getting "my face is covered, it wont bring any harm to my family..." i muttered, my sad mood turning to one of anger now, my emotions starting to unleash themselves as hot tears started flowing again "... well, i gave it a shot... after i graduate, ill probobly go and join the family buisness... probobly be forced into an arranged wedding... such a shame i cant tell her...." i said, leaning against the trunk at a high point as i looked down at the tent, and then turned the other way to look over the city
!Fox!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Juilii on Sat Jan 11, 2014 8:58 pm

"Welp, im goin outside for some nice, brisk air. You stay here and relax a bit. Youve been moving a bit more than me, and im sick of this cot. Ill be back in a moment," He said, standing up, patting my head and walking out or the tent. I lied in the cot, and the moment my head touched the pillow I was out cold.
~
Meanwhile, my dad looked around until he found him, in the tree. "Heey, would you mind helping me with something?"
Juilii

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  !Fox! on Sun Jan 12, 2014 1:54 am

"...." i nodded, nimbly climbing down the tree to him, and landed with a soft thump next to him, looking over at him with a blank look, doing my best to hide the fact i had been crying, and then turned to continue to look out over the city...
!Fox!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Juilii on Sun Jan 12, 2014 3:39 am

"Goodness, boy, the tenseness is overwhelming! You need a bit to drink to relax you. Just a bit. To the alcohol fridge!" My dad put his arm around his shoulder, tousling his hair a bit, before starting to make his way to our house. "Dont mind my little girl, shes been through a lot and her first instinct to everything is to just...keep anything and everything at bay with knives, but once you manage to get over her walls shes the sweetest little girl you'll meet."
Juilii

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  !Fox! on Sun Jan 12, 2014 4:30 am

"ive seen it, and im just about through with it... honestly, im tempted to go back to the family i hate, because her hate towards me is almost as bad, despite my family paying her scholarship..." i muttered irritably, sighing "fine, but ONLY if you moderate how much alcohol you intake..." i said, and sighed bit when he tousled my haiir "those knives of hers hurt more than real ones..."
!Fox!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Juilii on Sun Jan 12, 2014 5:22 am

He chuckled, "My little girl says the exact same thing..." he then sighed. "They do hurt, them knives, and she's aware of that, but she does it out of fear and sadness; pity what bullying can do to a child." He shook his head before continuing. "She doesn't actually hate you, and whats curious about that is that she doesn't realize that- she registers her emotions as hate in her mind. I can sense emotions, so dont think im saying this to excuse her actions. Besides, you hold your family in higher disdain than my daughter. You were quite fond of my little girl at one time, werent you?"
Juilii

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  !Fox! on Sun Jan 12, 2014 6:28 pm

"you say it like its past tense.... i still kinda do, but its starting to die now, kinda loosing hope on it... how did you know anyway?" i asked, looking over at him
!Fox!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Juilii on Sun Jan 12, 2014 7:01 pm

"Its all emotion based intuition. When you mentioned your family, you felt no positive emotions, while when you mentioned my daughter, there was some warmth, so somewhere in your mind you still like her, and you dont really want to give up. And you seem like a good natured fellow; pity you couldn't have met her when she was younger and more...outwardly nice." He walked ahead to the ruins of the kitchen, moving snow and wood away from the fridge door. "Sensing emotions runs in the family. Of all the perhaps supernatural things we could develop, we have the arguably worse ability. Or best, depending on how much youve developed it." He pulled out a wine bottle, hugging it. "Its all intact~" He passed the bottle over to Huma, then pulled out some wine glasses as well. "At least be comforted by the fact you were one of the most spoken of subjects at home. If she didnt like you she wouldn't have brought you up at all."
Juilii

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  !Fox! on Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:57 am

"so i take it the way she hates certain foods means she secretly likes them at home then?" i asked, raising an eyebrow
!Fox!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Juilii on Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:18 am

He laughed. "You kidding? The girl will literally eat anything. However, when something is troubling her, she does lack appetite."
Juilii

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  !Fox! on Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:19 am

"ive noticed, i made her breakfast this morning and had to use her fear of you being injured to force her to eat...." i said tiredly, sitting down in a chair tiredly as took a drink of the bottle, looking at the ground as i leaned on my arms "but seriously, after all ive done to prove im not an enemy, she still doesnt give me a chance? its gonna hurt, and more guys than i know would have given up long ago..."
!Fox!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Juilii on Mon Jan 13, 2014 4:30 am

"Believe it or not, thats due to her not developing her ability properly. Our own emotions are overwhelming if we arent careful. Also, negative emotions are much more easily taken in, and shes had a downpour of that for most of her life. So much to the point she initially turns away kindness. There our even more downsides to our empathy, but im sure by now Ive bored you," He said, taking the wine back, filling the glasses, then passing one back to Huma.
Juilii

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  !Fox! on Mon Jan 13, 2014 5:43 am

"please, continue, havent had a conversation with a person that was a commoner that wasnt angery at me, or hated my guts... royals only care about appearance, so at this point, im lacking in that area due to the fact i lack a girlfriend..." i sighed simply, looking over at him "any tips on how i can get her to give me a chance instead of attempting to skewer me with words and looks when im not looking?"
!Fox!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Juilii on Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:50 am

"I can tell why. Rather unintentionally insulting, arent you. Anyways, getting a little bit of alcohol in her system relaxes her a bit and makes her less cold and more receptive to kindness. Well, to anything, really. You just have to be genuine, since she can tell decietful emotioms from honest ones quite easily in that state."
Juilii

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  !Fox! on Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:20 pm

"you have your daughter to thank for my condecending additude... i apollogize, its kinda hard for me to speak normally, with how i was brought up... its kinda like this, a war from all sides, so you grow distant from everyone and treat them all like the enemy..... i got tired of it, so i attempted to make friends with her, because she was different from the rest, i could tell she was nice, i watched her at school events, as she helped the others who couldnt stand up for themselves... she acts just like a royal, or someone of high standing... thats not the girl i liked, i liked the one who was nice and careing, who laughed and smiled. i wanted to make those happen, but eventually, her continued verbal abuse and assault toward me kinda dulled the sword, so to speak, and im not very good at catching hints... i have a few disabilities..." i said simply, taking a sip of the win, stareing into the wine glass and sighed a bit "least she hasnt started bashing my sister..." i said, with a slight hitch in my voice at the mention of her
!Fox!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Juilii on Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:46 pm

My dad immediately moved his hand over his heart. "Sudden emotion change. Familiar pain. Wasnt ready for that." He took a deep breath. "Trust me, thats where she draws the line on coldness." He quickly emptied his glass, filling it soon after. "I wouldn't be surprised if it seemed she were acting stuck up. She isnt very good at sifting out emotions. Anyways, if you give her a little bit to drink, make sure shes relaxed, and just go into overdrive with your emotions- short of doing anything that would force her to drop out- and even though it'll surprise her a bit, she'll ease up a bit and be a tad more docile towards you... in theory."
Juilii

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  !Fox! on Tue Jan 14, 2014 2:51 am

"so get both of us drunk, me more than her, and let her play therapist?" i asked, cocking an eyebrow at him
!Fox!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Juilii on Tue Jan 14, 2014 3:15 am

"Nooo, there has to be at least one rational nondrunk person in stunts like this. Two drunk kids can equal later regret. Anything over that equals a bar fight." He filled his glass again. "And one drunk empath will equal a slightly more receptive empath that won't hide in her emotional shell. In theory."
Juilii

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  !Fox! on Tue Jan 14, 2014 3:33 am

"so offer her a drink and stay sober and talk to her frankly? god, your no fun, are you?" i said, attempting to joke around a bit
(no, not like get her drunk and do stuff joke)
!Fox!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Juilii on Tue Jan 14, 2014 5:18 am

He chuckled. "Quite the dullard. You two can both get drunk if, once and only if the relationship between you two gets better."

(Which is why he has to remain sober =¬= Moreover, he'd kill Huma if he did do anything; or force her to marry Huma for the sake of her dignity[ maybe his too]. Most likely the former option. Latter option would be interesting though.)
Juilii

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  !Fox! on Tue Jan 14, 2014 1:00 pm

(dunno if i could do something like that, my character is already depressed, hed go suicidal if he forced himself on someone)
"like i would even consider being even tipsy in her pressence, i consider myself walking a very fine line, and i do anything wrong, she snips the rope i am walking on"
!Fox!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top